East Coast Homesick

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Some interesting links

These are some links that I have been holding on to for just an occasion such as this.

Review of Miller's Deli from the Chronicle

Supposedly this is a good New York Deli in San Francisco. I have not yet been, but based on the review, I would like to try the bagels. Interesting that they are indeed shipped from New York rather than trying to create them on "foreign soil." I will hope to add more f my own experiences after actually visiting the place myself.

http://www.sliceny.com/

This is unofficially the best pizza website there is, with an obviously dedicated readership and several years of traffic built up. More than I could ever even read, but what I like is the references to pizzarias outside NYC, especially our new favorite Gioia in Berkeley.

Article from Wired Magazine

This is a very interesting article about the lengths that people will go to get some of their favorite "tastes from home" and the companies that are popping up to help them do just that (and to turn a profit of course)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home